Tottenham Hotspur will look to rebound from a humiliating defeat against Manchester United in a Premier League match on Friday. Meanwhile, Manchester United will seek retaliation after Spurs’ performance cost them third place in the Premier League table, albeit only temporarily.
Tottenham and Manchester United will face off in the Tottenham vs Manchester United of Premier League 2023 on 28th April 2023 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
Know the Match Details
Competition: Tottenham vs Manchester United, Premier League 2023
Date: Friday, 28th April 2023
Kickoff: 12:45 AM (IST)
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
Injuries have been reported for Emerson Royal, Ryan Sessegnon, Rodrigo Bentakur, and Yves Bissouma.
Emerson Royal is the only player who has a chance to return to the field before the end of the season, and he could play against Crystal Palace.
Tottenham Possible Starting Lineup:
Hugo Lloris, Pedro Porro, Cristian Romero, Eric Dier, Ivan Perisic, Pepe Sarr, Oliver Skipp, P. Hoejbjerg, Dejan Kulusevski, Harry Kane, Heung Min Son
Martinez, Varane, and Garnacho all missed the entire season due to injuries.
Scott McTominay’s recovery is progressing well, and he could return to the field against Aston Villa.
Manchester United Possible Starting Lineup:
David De Gea, Aaron Wan Bissaka, Harry Maguire, V. Nilson Lindeloef, Diogo Dalot, Antony, Casemiro, Bruno Fernandes, Christian Eriksen, Jadon Sancho, Anthony Martial
Tottenham vs Manchester United Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Manchester United has a strong record against Tottenham Hotspur, having won 96 of the 198 games played between the two clubs, compared to Tottenham Hotspur’s 53 victories.
- Tottenham Hotspur is winless in their last four Premier League games against Manchester United, the longest such streak against the Red Devils in the competition since 2004.
- Manchester United has won 39 Premier League games against Tottenham Hotspur, the best record by a single team against another opponent in the competition.
- Tottenham Hotspur has won only three of their last 21 Premier League home games, all of which occurred between 2016 and 2018.
- Manchester United has only lost one of their last 15 Premier League midweek games and has won all seven of them this season.
Statistics for Tottenham and Manchester United
The less said about Tottenham’s performance last weekend at Newcastle, the better. Spurs lost 6-1 in the end, suffering injuries to Lloris and Sarr. Harry Kane scored the only goal for the London club, who sacked interim manager Stellini after the game, and now Ryan Mason is in charge until the end of the season. Emerson, Sessegnon, Bissouma, Bentancur, Lloris, and Sarr could all be out due to injury this week, but Moura returns to the squad after serving a suspension.
In their most recent Premier League match, Manchester United defeated Nottingham Forest 2-0. Antony scored in the first half to make it 1-0, and full-back Dalot added a rare goal in the second 45 minutes to secure the points. The visitors have their own injury concerns this week, with Martinez, van de Beek, Varane, McTominay, Fernandes, Heaton, Jones, and Garnacho all doubts for the trip to London.
- Man United has defeated Tottenham 39 times in the Premier League, a record for any team against an opponent.
- For the first time since March 2013, United is attempting to win four consecutive EPL games without conceding.
- Tottenham will be looking to bounce back from their crushing defeat at Newcastle.
- United will play their third game in as many days.
- Tottenham has won five of their last seven games at home.
- Harry Kane has only failed to score in one of his last eight club and international games.
Tottenham vs Manchester United Prediction
Manchester United has an impressive squad and has been fairly impressive in recent weeks. Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes have stepped up for Manchester United and will look to make an impact in this match.
Tottenham Hotspur have had a disappointing season and were defeated by Newcastle United at the weekend. Manchester United is currently the better team and should be able to win this game. Check out the odds at Cricbaba!
Watch out for an exciting game with Manchester United to win at the odds of 1.77.
Tottenham vs Manchester United Key Player:
Harry Kane – In any normal Premier League season, Harry Kane would win the Golden Boot for his goalscoring exploits in 2022-23. But this isn’t your average season. Erling Haaland’s 32 goals now outnumber Kane’s 24.
Kane has six goals in his last six Premier League games, so he comes into this match in good form – one of only a few Spurs players who can say that.
The England captain has 99 Premier League home goals for Tottenham and could become the first player in the competition to score a century of goals in both home and away games. He has five league goals against Manchester United, but his only one at home came in the final game of the season in May 2017.